Monday, May 17, 2010

A Poem.

“A Love Story”

It was the 14th of February

It’s Valentines Day

Lovers and couples over the streets

But it’s an ordinary day for me


A “pop!” sounded from my facebook

It’s you, yes, it’s you

And a crooked smirk was painted on my face

Started with a “Hi!”

Followed by thoughts and laughs

I didn’t know you much,

You don’t have much of me either

But the feeling is mutual


Days have passed

We enjoyed and shared what we have

We laugh on our lamest thoughts

And now I can say that the feeling is mutual


The next day we had a walk

You paused and took a deep breath

Word started to mumble

“Maybe it’s time”

“A time for what?” I said

Butterflies has taken their place in my tummy

Waiting for the next words

“Thanks for making me feel this way,

I feel happiness”

Three words followed, “I love you”

Now, you are holding my hand

Closer to your heart,

Feeling that it beats for me

The next thing I knew

I was hugging you tightly

And now the feeling is mutual


We had great times

We had dinners

We had talks

We had joy rides

We had us.

We sat on the ground and feeling the sky

You gave the best hug in the world

All we know is we are both happy.


You are leaving for a vacation

“How long will it take?”

“A week or two maybe”, you answered

I started to feel sad.

My day won’t end without seeing you.

“It won’t be that long”, you explained

You gave me a relief by holding my hand

“As long as you come back to me,

And promise you won’t change.” I pleaded

And replied “I won’t, I promise.”


Days and weeks counted

Things suddenly changed

I knew there was something wrong

But you said you’ll come back,

being the same as before.

But I learned to hold on,

I trusted on how I feel.


Long wait is over

I can feel your hug again

I can touch your hands again

I can smell your scent again

You have come back.

I have you back now.


We had our dinner

Ate our favorite steak dish

I asked, “Are you still you?”

“Yes, of course”, you assured

Driving our way to your place

And finally said “Goodnight”

But I feel different

But I hold on to what I feel for you


Until the day has finally come

You have the courage to tell

Tell what you feel

“I love you. I don’t want to leave you. But..”

I felt a sudden mood swing

“But I’m not happy anymore.”

Tears rolled down and a pinch in my heart

“But why?” I cried


I tried to fool my self

Maybe you’re just playing games

But everything was real

I don’t know why we ended this way

Everything seemed to perfect.

Everything seemed to be happy.

Everything was about you and me.

But things has changed

And learning to let you go is the key.


I have set you free.

It doesn’t mean I gave up,

I just love you so much.

You taught me a lesson

People come.

People change.

People go.

And I realized,

After crying my self to sleep

Learn how to love your self,

before she learned to love her self more.


Now, I’m starting to move on

I remembered our happy past

I never cried,

I just smiled and said

“No goodbyes, just later


This was my self made poem (hindi sa kinakarir ko ang pagsusulat ano). Oo, hindi masyadong maganda ang words kasi hindi nga ako magaling dun. So, I made this one as our assignment sa aming Socio class. Our teacher gave us the instruction to have the hard copy on acetate and read it with matching background music para daw madagdagan ang drama ng poem.hehehe

I'm just so flattered kasi when I was reading the poem everybody seemed to listen well. I don't know baka nadala lang sila sa music. Kasi ginamit ng group ko ung "First Love music box version" as the background. Basta, all I heard was their applause after reading the poem. I'm proud of my self. =)

The story was based on a real life story. AT WAG MAG ASSUME NA AKO YAN. OK?(Defensive?hahaha) BASTA, WALA AKONG SINABING AKO YAN. PERIOD.


Suggestion: Try to read the poem with the background music na ginamit namin. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2K2444J-cU. Or try the So Close na instrumental by Jon Mclaughlin. Enjoy!n_n

No comments:

Post a Comment